When it comes to educational standards, the United Kingdom and Canada are two of the best places in the world to live. A high-quality education may be found in both countries, with Queen’s College in the United Kingdom and Canada’s renowned institutions. Wondering to studying in a foreign nation then you may be torn between the United Kingdom and Canada. The agony of having to choose between different colleges and universities is real. There are several advantages to choosing Canada over the UK as a nation of residence. Furthermore, making the ultimate decision between picking the right nation between the two is not the easy process. Students from India who want to study in Canada or the United Kingdom may find answers to their questions in this blog. If you want to know more about this then consider connecting with the best immigration consultants in Jalandhar.
A Comparison of the Canadian and UK Higher Education Systems
Get the diploma or certificate of a college, not a university, under Canada’s educational system. When applying for a bachelor’s, doctorate, or postgraduate degree, you should apply to universities, not colleges. The “university” in the United Kingdom delivers “higher education” according to the UK Educational System (UKEs). There is a difference in the definition of college between the United Kingdom and the United States. Successful completion of required coursework allows students to apply for admission to UK universities offering two-year degree programmes. Later, students may enroll in a university in the United Kingdom to complete a three-year undergraduate degree.
Criteria for Admission and Eligibility
It’s up to you to decide which country is best for you, Canada or the United Kingdom. Students from both nations must fulfill the requirements of their respective universities and countries.
Canada’s Eligibility Restrictions
- If you’re an Indian student who plans to study in Canada, here are some things to keep in mind.
- A duplicate of the previous certifications, in their original format
- Results of the GRE or GMAT examinations (for MBA and masters courses)
- Submit the statement of purpose (SOP)
- The outcomes of the English proficiency test
In order to study and reside in Canada, you will need confirmation that you have the money to do so legally.
Documents for UK Citizenship
All the aspirants must have a proper document of the 10th and 12th diploma from a well known board or institution to apply. The minimum qualifying grades and study programmes vary based on the chosen study programme and institution. There are several courses where GMAT or GRE results should be there for the students applying.
The student should have a proper type of experience before getting the admission in a management degree program. United Kingdom colleges recognise the English proficiency tests IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL as acceptable alternatives to the GMAT and TOEFL.
Canada vs. the United Kingdom – Student Visa Application Procedures.
The UK Student Visa Application Procedure
For full-time students at UK institutions, Tier 4 student visas are available. In addition to this VISA, the UK government has started to provide overseas students with UK Post-Study Work VISAs, as well. A few of the requirements for a VISA application include the following:
- Granting of the visas to the students in the full-time academic programmes.
- To get the four-year visa, you must have passed from college and university.
- Obtaining the visas for diploma-level study for up to three years.
- You need to arrange a face-to-face interview.
- In addition to the $348 fee for the Tier 4 VISA, the dependent VISA is $348. An additional £705 cost will be there to get a student visa.
Part-time employment of up to 20 hours per week and full-time work during weekends and holidays are permitted for overseas students with Tier 4 VISAs. Students’ full-time employment schedules are determined by their academic requirements.
International students wishing to study in the UK must take either the IELTS or TOEFL before applying for a student visa.
Applying for A Student Visa In Canada
The following rules and legislation apply to Canadian Student Visas:
- Submission of the post-study work visa application within 90 days after your course completion.
- Mandatory medical examinations for both Indian and foreign students by law.
- It costs around 150 Canadian dollars to apply for a VISA.
- Students may work for a maximum of 20 hours per week while enrolled in school. During weekends, holidays, and summer sessions, it may be as much as 40 hours per week.
- If the visa is for more than a year, spouses may work full-time as well.
- Need of the IELTS or TOEFL test for all Canadian visa applicants.
- Personal interviews are essential for the VISA application in the vast majority of situations.
Canada vs. the UK: Potential for Public Relations
Permanency in the United Kingdom (UK) is sometimes known as Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) (ILR). In the United Kingdom, a person may stay and do a job as long as you prefer. It’s absolutely normal to attain a PR status in the UK with the usage of different types of methods. Moreover, you can also jump on to the best Canada visa consultant providing wholesome knowledge about it.
Getting a permanent residence permit in Canada is a breeze. Skilled laborers are in short supply due to the sparsely inhabited nature of this huge region. It is for this reason that Canada promotes its Post-Graduate Work Permit Program, which is typically used by international students who are already working in Canada. People who have previously finished their post-graduate studies may also apply for permanent residence outside the national students